Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ... - Veritas Net Backup ; Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients....

  1. Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ...

    Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry
    hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas
    support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients.

  2. Re: Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ...

    Hi john,
    can i get to know the registry key you are speaking of...just saw your post
    over here..

    "John Pettitt" wrote:

    >Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry
    >hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas
    >support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients.

  3. Re: Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ...

    Make this modification to the registry on each NT server client before running
    the client setup. I did it on the first machine then exported the key and
    copied it to the NBpro client install directory. Now all I have to do is
    double click it to merge it into the registry and then run the setup.

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup Professional\Setup]
    "ClientOnServer"=dword:00000001

    Be aware that this is not supported by Vertitas.

    "Biju George" wrote:

    >Hi john,
    >can i get to know the registry key you are speaking of...just saw your post
    >over here..
    >

    >"John Pettitt" wrote:
    >>
    >>Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry
    >>hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas
    >>support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients.

  4. Re: Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ...

    "Biju George" wrote:

    >Hi john,
    >can i get to know the registry key you are speaking of...just saw your post
    >over here..
    >

    >"John Pettitt" wrote:
    >>
    >>Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry
    >>hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas
    >>support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients.

  5. Re: Don't upgrade to Windows 2003 ...

    Make this modification to the registry on each NT server client before running
    the client setup. I did it on the first machine then exported the key and
    copied it to the NBpro client install directory. Now all I have to do is
    double click it to merge it into the registry and then run the setup.

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup Professional\Setup]
    "ClientOnServer"=dword:00000001

    Be aware that this is not supported by Veritas.

    "Biju George" wrote:

    >Hi john,
    >can i get to know the registry key you are speaking of...just saw your post
    >over here..
    >

    >"John Pettitt" wrote:
    >>
    >>Don't upgrade to windows 2003 if you're using the "ClientOnServer" registry
    >>hack to backup win2k servers- OTM doesn't seem to work with 2003 and veritas
    >>support just tells me that 2003 is not supported for clients.

+ Reply to Thread