Will the NBUP work on the NAS? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Will the NBUP work on the NAS? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi ALl, Will the NBUP work 100% on the NAS? regards...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?

  1. Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    Hi ALl,

    Will the NBUP work 100% on the NAS?

    regards

  2. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    I have NBUP 3.51.20 working great using a Network Appliance Box.
    I am using the Win2k resource kit utility AutoExNT - which pre-loads the
    network share with admin user access.
    The only drawback is that when you go to upgrade you have to create a local
    dummy data directory and then do a registry edit post upgrade.
    Netbackup has a whitepaper on how to do this.
    -Chandi

    "Michael Yu" wrote:
    >
    >Hi ALl,
    >
    >Will the NBUP work 100% on the NAS?
    >
    >regards



  3. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    Let me clarify - I do not have it running 100% on NAS. I only use the NAS
    for the DATA files. Should have read your message more closely - sorry!
    -Chandi

    "Michael Yu" wrote:
    >
    >Hi ALl,
    >
    >Will the NBUP work 100% on the NAS?
    >
    >regards



  4. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    "Chandi" wrote:
    >
    >Let me clarify - I do not have it running 100% on NAS. I only use the NAS
    >for the DATA files. Should have read your message more closely - sorry!
    >-Chandi
    >
    >"Michael Yu" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi ALl,
    >>
    >>Will the NBUP work 100% on the NAS?
    >>
    >>regards

    >



    We Have an IBM NAS running Win2K NAS server - NBUP seems to run fine on it.

  5. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    Yes, you can run the full install of Veritas 3.51 on a NAS. There is a Veritas
    White paper available for this, but it follows a normal server install for
    the most part. We are running it on 6 Dell NAS boxes running the W2K Server
    Appliance Kit and it works fine. I would suggest getting the most RAM and
    CPU that you can afford since it does pound on those resources. Contact
    your local rep and they can send you the docs.

  6. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    Hi,

    Does this mean that I do not need a W2K server for NPUB, but call install
    directly on a Dell Power Vault? Thanks, steve

    "Kent" wrote:
    >
    >Yes, you can run the full install of Veritas 3.51 on a NAS. There is a

    Veritas
    >White paper available for this, but it follows a normal server install for
    >the most part. We are running it on 6 Dell NAS boxes running the W2K Server
    >Appliance Kit and it works fine. I would suggest getting the most RAM and
    >CPU that you can afford since it does pound on those resources. Contact
    >your local rep and they can send you the docs.



  7. Re: Will the NBUP work on the NAS?


    Steve,

    You are correct. NBUP will run on a Dell Powervault series NAS. We are
    currently using both the 715N and the 725N.

    Kent
    "steve" wrote:
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >Does this mean that I do not need a W2K server for NPUB, but call install
    >directly on a Dell Power Vault? Thanks, steve
    >
    >"Kent" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yes, you can run the full install of Veritas 3.51 on a NAS. There is a

    >Veritas
    >>White paper available for this, but it follows a normal server install

    for
    >>the most part. We are running it on 6 Dell NAS boxes running the W2K Server
    >>Appliance Kit and it works fine. I would suggest getting the most RAM

    and
    >>CPU that you can afford since it does pound on those resources. Contact
    >>your local rep and they can send you the docs.

    >



+ Reply to Thread