Deleted files question - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Deleted files question - Veritas Net Backup ; I am doing an evaluation of NB Pro for a client company. One problem I have run into is in regrads to deleted files on the client PC. Due to the type of work done files are deleted on client ...

  1. Deleted files question

    I am doing an evaluation of NB Pro for a client company. One problem I
    have run into is in regrads to deleted files on the client PC. Due to
    the type of work done files are deleted on client machines on a
    regular basis. I have noticed though that they are not deleted on the
    NB server and I see no way to have it automatically delete the files
    after a certain lenght of time. Am I just missing something or is this
    not possible. I noticed that the files are flagged for deletion in the
    NB client list but they never delete. I know I can have the client
    manually delete them and Catalog maintenence will then remove them
    form the server but that is not a valid solution in this case. If
    there is no way for NB to do this automatically then I guess I can
    rule out this product as the server will fill up quickly. Thanks for
    any help or advice!

    Mark

  2. Re: Deleted files question

    Files should delete from the server x days after the last copy has been deleted
    from the last client. x is set up in the server properties and is likely
    to be 3 to 6 months (Equivalent to how long you might keep tapes in a tape
    backup environment before overwriting).
    mrote@hotmail.com (-mr-) wrote:
    >I am doing an evaluation of NB Pro for a client company. One problem I
    >have run into is in regrads to deleted files on the client PC. Due to
    >the type of work done files are deleted on client machines on a
    >regular basis. I have noticed though that they are not deleted on the
    >NB server and I see no way to have it automatically delete the files
    >after a certain lenght of time. Am I just missing something or is this
    >not possible. I noticed that the files are flagged for deletion in the
    >NB client list but they never delete. I know I can have the client
    >manually delete them and Catalog maintenence will then remove them
    >form the server but that is not a valid solution in this case. If
    >there is no way for NB to do this automatically then I guess I can
    >rule out this product as the server will fill up quickly. Thanks for
    >any help or advice!
    >
    >Mark

+ Reply to Thread