Client is not registered with this server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client is not registered with this server - Veritas Net Backup ; Help me PLEASE! NBP 3.5 on NT4.0 sp6a Client w2000 sp2 All the profiles that I make have a red X on them and when I tray to enable a client for backup in the profile i get the error: ...

  1. Client is not registered with this server

    Help me PLEASE!

    NBP 3.5 on NT4.0 sp6a
    Client w2000 sp2

    All the profiles that I make have a red X on them and when I tray to enable
    a client for backup in the profile i get the error:
    "Client is not registered with this server and cannot be enabled"
    My client is connected to the serve and say; "A backup has never been run!"
    When I tray to start a backup now job this error comes up; "Client has been
    disabled or transfeerd by the administrator"
    I can see my client on the server! I can ping both ways!'
    hosts is enabled on both!
    I have konfigured a trusted environment.
    Now I dont know....

    best regards
    Paulsen

  2. Re: Client is not registered with this server

    name resolution method ?dns ,wins hosts file ?
    router enabled ?
    The error "Server not responding" appears after the client installation,
    when starting the NetBackup Professional client.

    "pauslen" wrote in message news:3c1f4f84$1@hronntp01....

    > Help me PLEASE!
    >
    > NBP 3.5 on NT4.0 sp6a
    > Client w2000 sp2
    >
    > All the profiles that I make have a red X on them and when I tray to

    enable
    > a client for backup in the profile i get the error:
    > "Client is not registered with this server and cannot be enabled"
    > My client is connected to the serve and say; "A backup has never been

    run!"
    > When I tray to start a backup now job this error comes up; "Client has

    been
    > disabled or transfeerd by the administrator"
    > I can see my client on the server! I can ping both ways!'
    > hosts is enabled on both!
    > I have konfigured a trusted environment.
    > Now I dont know....
    >
    > best regards
    > Paulsen

+ Reply to Thread