Not connected to the network! - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Not connected to the network! - Veritas Net Backup ; I can't make first connection from the client machine. Error: Not connected to the network. What does it mean? Console is on the same machnie, and it is connected! DNS/names/ping is checked. Backup is working from console(server). BW. It's evaluetion ...

  1. Not connected to the network!

    I can't make first connection from the client machine.
    Error: Not connected to the network.

    What does it mean? Console is on the same machnie, and it is connected!
    DNS/names/ping is checked.
    Backup is working from console(server).

    BW. It's evaluetion version.

  2. Re: Not connected to the network!

    A few quick suggestions I would try are running a repair on your client installation
    or try stopping and restarting the client services. What version are you
    running?

    "Vadim" wrote:

    >I can't make first connection from the client machine.
    >Error: Not connected to the network.
    >
    >What does it mean? Console is on the same machnie, and it is connected!
    >DNS/names/ping is checked.
    >Backup is working from console(server).
    >
    >BW. It's evaluetion version.

  3. Re: Not connected to the network!

    I have a similar problem. When I reboot, it continually looks for server,
    until on the client machine, I stop and start services. I am running version
    3.5 on a Windows 2000 machine.

    "J" wrote:

    >A few quick suggestions I would try are running a repair on your client

    installation
    >or try stopping and restarting the client services. What version are you
    >running?
    >
    >"Vadim" wrote:
    >>
    >>I can't make first connection from the client machine.
    >>Error: Not connected to the network.
    >>
    >>What does it mean? Console is on the same machnie, and it is connected!
    >>DNS/names/ping is checked.
    >>Backup is working from console(server).
    >>
    >>BW. It's evaluetion version.

  4. Re: Not connected to the network!

    I experience the same problem. Bur my environment is a little bit more
    complicated though I have a VPN tunnel between the server and client.
    I suppose this can create problems for the server to authenticate the client
    using IP services.
    Does anybody have an idea or experience in this I would really appreciate
    response

    "J" wrote in message news:3be6d319$1@hronntp01....

    > A few quick suggestions I would try are running a repair on your client

    installation
    > or try stopping and restarting the client services. What version are you
    > running?
    >
    > "Vadim" wrote:
    > >
    > >I can't make first connection from the client machine.
    > >Error: Not connected to the network.
    > >
    > >What does it mean? Console is on the same machnie, and it is connected!
    > >DNS/names/ping is checked.
    > >Backup is working from console(server).
    > >
    > >BW. It's evaluetion version.

+ Reply to Thread