Restoring to an Alternate Location - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restoring to an Alternate Location - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there any easy way to restore data from one client to another client machine without being logged in as the same user? We do not use a domain controller so all the account IDs are unique to their own ...

  1. Restoring to an Alternate Location

    Is there any easy way to restore data from one client to another client machine
    without being logged in as the same user? We do not use a domain controller
    so all the account IDs are unique to their own machine. There is now way
    for me to log in under that ID on another client.

    The NBPro security appears to require that the account user be logged. What
    happens in a disaster recovery situation where the machine no longer exists
    and the user account can't be logged in?

    Thanks for your help. --- Steve

  2. Re: Restoring to an Alternate Location

    Answered my own question: Simply change any machines name to the name of the
    remote client, make sure you have the same account name on the new machine,
    then restore away.

    Now I worry about security. I guess the only real way to secure the machine
    is to use a domain controller, and I guess that makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread