Running out of space - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Running out of space - Veritas Net Backup ; I need to free up some space on the VNB W2k server. How do I know which directories in D:\netbackup\Data\Files\xxxx can I delete. BTW I'm using VNB 3.01. Thanks...

  1. Running out of space

    I need to free up some space on the VNB W2k server. How do I know which
    directories in D:\netbackup\Data\Files\xxxx can I delete. BTW I'm using VNB
    3.01.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Running out of space

    none for good practice but to do this I would suggest to run the catalog
    backup then the maintenance finally netbackup pro provides the option to
    move catalog (right click on the server

    El Zorro

    "Robert Collins" wrote in message
    > I need to free up some space on the VNB W2k server. How do I know which
    > directories in D:\netbackup\Data\Files\xxxx can I delete. BTW I'm using

    VNB
    > 3.01.
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Running out of space

    I had a similar problem with 3.01 and the only way that I was able to free
    up space was to migrate to version 3.1. 3.01 would not clean the catalogs
    correctly. When 3.1 did clean up it took about three days and cleaned out
    over 170GB of unneeded information.
    "zorro" wrote in message news:3b78cb35$1@hronntp01....
    > none for good practice but to do this I would suggest to run the catalog
    > backup then the maintenance finally netbackup pro provides the option to
    > move catalog (right click on the server
    >

    > El Zorro
    >
    > "Robert Collins" wrote in message
    > > I need to free up some space on the VNB W2k server. How do I know which
    > > directories in D:\netbackup\Data\Files\xxxx can I delete. BTW I'm using

    > VNB
    > > 3.01.
    > >
    > > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread