System hangs (or blue screen)while shutdown - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on System hangs (or blue screen)while shutdown - Veritas Net Backup ; We are using NetbackupPro 3.10 on a win95 network environment. The Server is a Windows 2000 professional. Whenever most of the win95 clients are shutting down their systems and either select yes or no to backup their stations, the system ...

  1. System hangs (or blue screen)while shutdown

    We are using NetbackupPro 3.10 on a win95 network environment.
    The Server is a Windows 2000 professional.
    Whenever most of the win95 clients are shutting down their systems and either
    select yes or no to backup their stations, the system then gives them a blue
    screen that in most cases reads as follows: "Fatal Exception 0D Location
    174F:00000A60"

    Your help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

    P.S. while all win95 stations are online NetbackupPro works like a charm
    no problems it is only whenever the system needs to be shutdown at the end
    of the day.

  2. Re: System hangs (or blue screen)while shutdown

    I would try disabling the client promts that prompt for backup at system shutdown
    or shutdown near backup time. The users can change the default response
    to either yes or no depending on if they always want to backup or not prior
    to shutting down. This may or may not help, but it is worth a shot!

    Thanks,

    Scott
    "Kaibil" wrote:

    >We are using NetbackupPro 3.10 on a win95 network environment.
    >The Server is a Windows 2000 professional.
    >Whenever most of the win95 clients are shutting down their systems and either
    >select yes or no to backup their stations, the system then gives them a

    blue
    >screen that in most cases reads as follows: "Fatal Exception 0D Location
    >174F:00000A60"
    >
    >Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >P.S. while all win95 stations are online NetbackupPro works like a charm
    >no problems it is only whenever the system needs to be shutdown at the end
    >of the day.

+ Reply to Thread