Cannot install NetBackup Professional on NT 4.0, SP5 client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cannot install NetBackup Professional on NT 4.0, SP5 client - Veritas Net Backup ; I have installed almost 350 clients on a NetBackup Professional 3.1 server with few installation problems. I have one client PC on which it will not install. It is a desktop PC with NT 4.0 and SP5. The installation window ...

  1. Cannot install NetBackup Professional on NT 4.0, SP5 client

    I have installed almost 350 clients on a NetBackup Professional 3.1 server
    with few installation problems. I have one client PC on which it will not
    install. It is a desktop PC with NT 4.0 and SP5. The installation window
    starts then just disappears, no error message, nothing in the event log.
    I have tried installing the new Windows Installer, just in case it was an
    old version, but that did not help. Early attempts to install created the
    Veritas folder icon in the Explorer windows but instead of saying "My Backups",
    there were garbage characters. I also tried a registry deletion of everything
    pertainting to NBP, and the installation went a little farther, but it still
    did not install. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Yes, the client
    is an admin on the PC. Thank you!

  2. Re: Cannot install NetBackup Professional on NT 4.0, SP5 client

    which package do you use the .msi provided (not supported) or setup.exe
    which should launch the .msi ?
    what is the difference between the pc which works and the one which does not
    work (.dll version ,mdac,etc...)

    el zorro

    "Kathy Close" wrote in message

    > I have installed almost 350 clients on a NetBackup Professional 3.1 server
    > with few installation problems. I have one client PC on which it will not
    > install. It is a desktop PC with NT 4.0 and SP5. The installation window
    > starts then just disappears, no error message, nothing in the event log.
    > I have tried installing the new Windows Installer, just in case it was an
    > old version, but that did not help. Early attempts to install created the
    > Veritas folder icon in the Explorer windows but instead of saying "My

    Backups",
    > there were garbage characters. I also tried a registry deletion of

    everything
    > pertainting to NBP, and the installation went a little farther, but it

    still
    > did not install. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Yes, the client
    > is an admin on the PC. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread