check client version from script? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on check client version from script? - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there any way of checking what version of the client is installed from a script? I can't find anything in the registry to indicate which client is installed....

  1. check client version from script?

    Is there any way of checking what version of the client is installed from
    a script? I can't find anything in the registry to indicate which client
    is installed.

  2. Re: check client version from script?

    You might try using this info from Windows installer:

    HKCR\Installer\Products\1151EE37B69C9704AB23D4AEAD 07E96B

    \Product Name = Veritas NetBackup Professional Client
    \Version = x'03010000' (50397184)

    V3.00 = 50331648

    Problem is HKCR can only be accessed on the machine, not remotely. And the
    value - 1151EE37B69C9704AB23D4AEAD07E96B varies from machine to machine.
    Good luck.

    "Jon Tollerton" wrote:

    >Is there any way of checking what version of the client is installed from
    >a script? I can't find anything in the registry to indicate which client
    >is installed.

  3. Re: check client version from script?

    I ended up checking the file version of the executable of the client itself,
    (which incorrectly reports 3.1.0.0.) ! You can get the location of the
    client from the registry. I just don't know what I'm going to do when I
    have to roll out version 3.1 of the client, which "should fix a lot of my
    issues", according to tech support. I doubt that I can wait that long.

    "John Anderson" wrote in message

    > You might try using this info from Windows installer:
    >
    > HKCR\Installer\Products\1151EE37B69C9704AB23D4AEAD 07E96B
    >
    > \Product Name = Veritas NetBackup Professional Client
    > \Version = x'03010000' (50397184)
    >
    > V3.00 = 50331648
    >
    > Problem is HKCR can only be accessed on the machine, not remotely. And

    the
    > value - 1151EE37B69C9704AB23D4AEAD07E96B varies from machine to machine.
    > Good luck.
    >

    > "Jon Tollerton" wrote:
    > >
    > >Is there any way of checking what version of the client is installed from
    > >a script? I can't find anything in the registry to indicate which client
    > >is installed.

+ Reply to Thread