Will not work on WinME clients? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Will not work on WinME clients? - Veritas Net Backup ; I installed Netbackup Pro on a NT 2000 Server and I have a mixed network with Win 95,98 & ME clients. The 95 & 98 clients work fine, But the ME will not connect to the Netbackup Pro Server. Is ...

  1. Will not work on WinME clients?

    I installed Netbackup Pro on a NT 2000 Server and I have a mixed network with
    Win 95,98 & ME clients. The 95 & 98 clients work fine, But the ME will not
    connect to the Netbackup Pro Server.

    Is there anyway around this????

  2. Re: Will not work on WinME clients?

    Usually issue name resolution
    or service not running

    ANy error message in the event logs (application & system)

    EL Zorro
    "Tom Milone" wrote in message

    > I installed Netbackup Pro on a NT 2000 Server and I have a mixed network

    with
    > Win 95,98 & ME clients. The 95 & 98 clients work fine, But the ME will not
    > connect to the Netbackup Pro Server.
    >
    > Is there anyway around this????

  3. Re: Will not work on WinME clients?

    Hi Tom

    I dont think that Windows ME is a supported platform for Netbackup
    Professional. The manual indicates that the client software runs on Win
    2000, Win NT 4.0, Win 95 and 98.

    Regs
    Bob

    Tom Milone wrote in message

    > I installed Netbackup Pro on a NT 2000 Server and I have a mixed network

    with
    > Win 95,98 & ME clients. The 95 & 98 clients work fine, But the ME will not
    > connect to the Netbackup Pro Server.
    >
    > Is there anyway around this????

  4. Re: Will not work on WinME clients?

    Windows ME isnīt supported in Professional

    //Micke

    "Bob Onion" wrote in message
    > Hi Tom
    >
    > I dont think that Windows ME is a supported platform for Netbackup
    > Professional. The manual indicates that the client software runs on Win
    > 2000, Win NT 4.0, Win 95 and 98.
    >
    > Regs
    > Bob
    >
    > Tom Milone wrote in message
    > >
    > > I installed Netbackup Pro on a NT 2000 Server and I have a mixed network

    > with
    > > Win 95,98 & ME clients. The 95 & 98 clients work fine, But the ME will

    not
    > > connect to the Netbackup Pro Server.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway around this????

+ Reply to Thread