Choosing the right backup software - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Choosing the right backup software - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running 95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro ) We want to backup these clients to tape. What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ...

  1. Choosing the right backup software

    Hello,

    In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    We want to backup these clients to tape.

    What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    Netbackup Professional ?
    Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use tapes.

    Any suggestions ?

    Thanks,

    Jimmy Cooleman

  2. Re: Choosing the right backup software

    Good Afternoon Jim

    I would say your best bet would be to use NetBackup Pro to backup all your
    user machines (W95/98, NT4 Wks and W2K Pro), and from there use either
    BackupExec or Netbackup DataCenter to backup to tape.

    I would also so recommend contacting VERITAS and requesting Evalautaion CDs
    of the siftware to test the solution. You may find the following link useful
    http://www.veritas.com/us/products/

    Regards
    Mark
    Jimmy Cooleman wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    > 95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    > We want to backup these clients to tape.
    >
    > What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    > Netbackup Professional ?
    > Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use

    tapes.

    > Any suggestions ?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jimmy Cooleman

  3. Re: Choosing the right backup software

    > Hello,
    >
    > In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    > 95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    > We want to backup these clients to tape.
    >
    > What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    > Netbackup Professional ?
    > Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use

    tapes.

    > Any suggestions ?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jimmy Cooleman

  4. Re: Choosing the right backup software

    Hi, Jimmy

    you can backup your servers (such like exchange server, sql server and
    NBUP server itself) use backup exec, then backup clients use NBUP.

    the backup exec software have media management function.

    If you only need backup your clients, you can integate storage
    migrator to use tape.

    cat.xie

    On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:51:01 +0200, "Jimmy Cooleman"
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    >95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    >We want to backup these clients to tape.
    >
    >What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    >Netbackup Professional ?
    >Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use tapes.
    >

    >Any suggestions ?
    >

    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jimmy Cooleman

  5. Re: Choosing the right backup software

    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    >95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    >We want to backup these clients to tape.
    >
    >What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    >Netbackup Professional ?
    >Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use tapes.
    >

    >Any suggestions ?
    >

    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jimmy Cooleman

  6. Re: Choosing the right backup software

    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >In our company we want to backup our clients ( +/- 500 computers running
    >95/98, NT4.0 Workstation or Win 2000 Pro )
    >We want to backup these clients to tape.
    >
    >What's the backup software we need ? Backup Exec ? Netbackup DataCenter ?
    >Netbackup Professional ?
    >Our first idea was to use Netbackup Professional. But NBU doesn't use tapes.
    >

    >Any suggestions ?
    >

    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jimmy Cooleman

+ Reply to Thread