NBP Backup Server & PDC/BDC - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBP Backup Server & PDC/BDC - Veritas Net Backup ; In the 3.0 ReadMe file, it states that NBP Backup Server should not be installed on servers functioning as Primary or Backup domain controllers. I've not found this in the Admin Guide. I don't believe it was a requirement for ...

  1. NBP Backup Server & PDC/BDC

    In the 3.0 ReadMe file, it states that NBP Backup Server should not be installed
    on servers functioning as Primary or Backup domain controllers. I've not
    found this in the Admin Guide. I don't believe it was a requirement for
    Telebackup.

    Does anyone have any additional information on this topic, or better yet
    any experience with installing on a PDC/BDC? In my eval version, I change
    the services that run on the server to run with Domain Admin privileges.

  2. Re: NBP Backup Server & PDC/BDC

    In some way it does make sense not to set the NBP backup server as backup
    server because a PDC performance can be reduced (ressources usage) by
    running a server running 5 services and receiving RPC calls from a client
    (netbackup professional)set in schedule mode .

    Hassani youssouf

    "John Anderson" wrote in message

    > In the 3.0 ReadMe file, it states that NBP Backup Server should not be

    installed
    > on servers functioning as Primary or Backup domain controllers. I've not
    > found this in the Admin Guide. I don't believe it was a requirement for
    > Telebackup.
    >
    > Does anyone have any additional information on this topic, or better yet
    > any experience with installing on a PDC/BDC? In my eval version, I change
    > the services that run on the server to run with Domain Admin privileges.

  3. Re: NBP Backup Server & PDC/BDC

    Thanks. Yes, I received a similar response from Veritas. The information
    in the ReadMe file is misleading.

+ Reply to Thread