Eval install - console freezes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Eval install - console freezes - Veritas Net Backup ; The console application is frozen on my computer at the moment, and this is probably the explanation for why I don't see a list of client computers to choose from. My last successful console activity was moving to the client ...

  1. Eval install - console freezes

    The console application is frozen on my computer at the moment,
    and this is probably the explanation for why I don't see a
    list of client computers to choose from.

    My last successful console activity was moving to the client
    view; no client computers ever appeared in the list, and although
    task manager doesn't say the application is "not responding",
    it does have all other symptoms of a frozen application; i.e.,
    I can't get any response from any menus or buttons, and the only
    way I can get the application to be "active" is to make it
    the active app from task manager.

  2. Re: Eval install - console freezes

    have you tried to install a console on a different computer ,just to make
    sure the machine is not the source of the problem .
    Does NT event viewer provides any information ?

    Hassani youssouf

    "Larry Talley" wrote in message

    > The console application is frozen on my computer at the moment,
    > and this is probably the explanation for why I don't see a
    > list of client computers to choose from.
    >
    > My last successful console activity was moving to the client
    > view; no client computers ever appeared in the list, and although
    > task manager doesn't say the application is "not responding",
    > it does have all other symptoms of a frozen application; i.e.,
    > I can't get any response from any menus or buttons, and the only
    > way I can get the application to be "active" is to make it
    > the active app from task manager.

  3. Re: Eval install - console freezes

    check to see if your catalog is corrupt. You will probably need to archive
    your catalog just about every day, and you will end up restoring your
    catalog about every week or so. Or at least that's my experience. Make sure
    you have every catalog grooming option in the server properties turned on
    once you get it back up and running otherwise the catalog will corrupt even
    more often.

    > The console application is frozen on my computer at the moment,
    > and this is probably the explanation for why I don't see a
    > list of client computers to choose from.
    >
    > My last successful console activity was moving to the client
    > view; no client computers ever appeared in the list, and although
    > task manager doesn't say the application is "not responding",
    > it does have all other symptoms of a frozen application; i.e.,
    > I can't get any response from any menus or buttons, and the only
    > way I can get the application to be "active" is to make it
    > the active app from task manager.

+ Reply to Thread