Oracle backup fails. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle backup fails. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi we are trying to setup a backup of an oracle 10g RAC. We have installed NetBackup onto each physical as well as the Oracle DB agents. When we try to run the backup from RMAN we receive the following ...

  1. Oracle backup fails.

    Hi we are trying to setup a backup of an oracle 10g RAC.

    We have installed NetBackup onto each physical as well as the Oracle DB agents.

    When we try to run the backup from RMAN we receive the following error message:

    RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t1 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:29
    ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0djgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    channel t1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t2 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0ejgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    channel t2 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t3 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0fjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    channel t3 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    released channel: t1
    released channel: t2
    released channel: t3
    released channel: t4
    RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t4 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0gjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    the server status has not been retrieved from the server.

    Recovery Manager complete.

    Can anyone supply a reason for this

    Pete

  2. Re: Oracle backup fails.

    This could most likely be caused by a name resolution problem. Check to make
    sure that you have the correct name of the client defined in the master server
    and that the master name can be resolved on the client.

    "Peter Eastwood" wrote:

    >Hi we are trying to setup a backup of an oracle 10g RAC.
    >
    >We have installed NetBackup onto each physical as well as the Oracle DB

    agents.

    >When we try to run the backup from RMAN we receive the following error message:
    >
    >RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t1 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:29
    >ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0djgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    >ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    >ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated

    or
    >the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    >channel t1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    >RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t2 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    >ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0ejgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    >ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    >ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated

    or
    >the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    >channel t2 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    >RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t3 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    >ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0fjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    >ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    >ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated

    or
    >the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    >channel t3 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    >released channel: t1
    >released channel: t2
    >released channel: t3
    >released channel: t4
    >RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    >RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
    >RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    >RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t4 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    >ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0gjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    >ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    >ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated

    or
    >the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    >
    >Recovery Manager complete.
    >
    >Can anyone supply a reason for this
    >
    >Pete

  3. Re: Oracle backup fails.

    Peter Eastwood wrote:
    > Hi we are trying to setup a backup of an oracle 10g RAC.
    >
    > We have installed NetBackup onto each physical as well as the Oracle DB agents.
    >
    > When we try to run the backup from RMAN we receive the following error message:
    >
    > RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t1 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:29
    > ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0djgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    > ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    > ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    > the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    > channel t1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    > RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t2 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    > ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0ejgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    > ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    > ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    > the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    > channel t2 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    > RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t3 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    > ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0fjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    > ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    > ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    > the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    > channel t3 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
    > released channel: t1
    > released channel: t2
    > released channel: t3
    > released channel: t4
    > RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    > RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
    > RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    > RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t4 channel at 05/21/2008 17:12:30
    > ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="0gjgunj5_1_1", parms=""
    > ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
    > ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
    > VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
    > Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
    > the server status has not been retrieved from the server.
    >
    > Recovery Manager complete.
    >
    > Can anyone supply a reason for this

    A firewall in the way?

    cheers, wayne