Unable to perform restore from Client machine Windows 2003 Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to perform restore from Client machine Windows 2003 Server - Veritas Net Backup ; I recieve the following error when trying to perform a restore from my client machine (W2K3 server). I have verified the that policy type matches on client and server and that the restore type matches as well. This is for ...

  1. Unable to perform restore from Client machine Windows 2003 Server

    I recieve the following error when trying to perform a restore from my client
    machine (W2K3 server). I have verified the that policy type matches on client
    and server and that the restore type matches as well. This is for NBU 6.5.
    I have also added the client machines in the server list of the Master Server.
    Any help? Error Message below:

    WARNING: server (netbackupserver) does not contain any backups for client
    (netbackupserver) using the specified policy type (MS-Windows_NT) as requested
    by client (netbackupserver).

  2. Re: Unable to perform restore from Client machine Windows 2003 Server

    It looks like you have set the client to be netbackupserver instead of the
    correct client name.

    "Lee Wayne" wrote:

    >I recieve the following error when trying to perform a restore from my client
    >machine (W2K3 server). I have verified the that policy type matches on client
    >and server and that the restore type matches as well. This is for NBU 6.5.
    >I have also added the client machines in the server list of the Master Server.
    >Any help? Error Message below:
    >
    >WARNING: server (netbackupserver) does not contain any backups for client
    >(netbackupserver) using the specified policy type (MS-Windows_NT) as requested
    >by client (netbackupserver).

+ Reply to Thread