Minimum Memory Required for 5.1? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Minimum Memory Required for 5.1? - Veritas Net Backup ; We are wanting to import our catalog onto a netra test server to test an upgrade to 6.5 (and test catalog integrity check utility) however our test boxes only have 512mb ram. We don't need to add any devices, we ...

  1. Minimum Memory Required for 5.1?

    We are wanting to import our catalog onto a netra test server to test an
    upgrade to 6.5 (and test catalog integrity check utility) however our test
    boxes only have 512mb ram. We don't need to add any devices, we merely just
    wanna import the catalog and perform an upgrade to 6.5. The only reference
    I can find says the recommended memory size is 2g, but what is the absolute
    bare minimum. (keeping in mind we don't need any other the media manager
    processes running)

    Thanks,
    Chuck

  2. Re: Minimum Memory Required for 5.1?

    NetBackup Installation Guide for Windows

    System configuration necessary to install NetBackup on a Windows-based server:
    An Intel Pentium system running Windows 2000 with a minimum of 256 MB of
    memory and service pack 4 installed, or Windows 2003 server.
    Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
    Screen resolution configuration of at least 1024x768, 256 colors.

    SEE Page 242 - Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator’s Guide, Volume for catalog
    size calculations

    "Chuck" wrote:

    >We are wanting to import our catalog onto a netra test server to test an
    >upgrade to 6.5 (and test catalog integrity check utility) however our test
    >boxes only have 512mb ram. We don't need to add any devices, we merely just
    >wanna import the catalog and perform an upgrade to 6.5. The only reference
    >I can find says the recommended memory size is 2g, but what is the absolute
    >bare minimum. (keeping in mind we don't need any other the media manager
    >processes running)
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Chuck

+ Reply to Thread