Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive - Veritas Net Backup ; Server 2003, netbackup ent 6.0MP4 - the drives (HP Ultrium LTO) frequently go down and I have lots of these error messages: Event Type: Error Event Source: NetBackup Device Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 2636 Date: 4/9/2008 Time: 7:57:35 ...

  1. Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive

    Server 2003, netbackup ent 6.0MP4 - the drives (HP Ultrium LTO) frequently
    go down and I have lots of these error messages:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: NetBackup Device Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2636
    Date: 4/9/2008
    Time: 7:57:35 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SMDCKB70104
    Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive HP_ULTRIUM2_TapeDrive3 (device 0)

    Any ideas? And thanks!

  2. Re: Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive

    Fibre or SCSI attached?
    If fibre, then have you configured your HBA drivers for persistent binding?
    Have you tried using Symantec's (actual used to be Veritas') tape device
    driver kit?
    Drive firmware - is the drive firmware in the compatibility tables?

    "Steve" wrote in message

    > Server 2003, netbackup ent 6.0MP4 - the drives (HP Ultrium LTO) frequently
    > go down and I have lots of these error messages:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: NetBackup Device Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 2636
    > Date: 4/9/2008
    > Time: 7:57:35 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: SMDCKB70104
    > Operator/EMM server has DOWN'ed drive HP_ULTRIUM2_TapeDrive3 (device 0)
    >

    > Any ideas? And thanks!

+ Reply to Thread