Upgrading NB4.5MP6 tp NB6.0 on HP-UX. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Upgrading NB4.5MP6 tp NB6.0 on HP-UX. - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm looking for some guidelines on roughly how long it takes to upgrade a master server from 4.5 to 6.0. My NB db is about 15 GB. Is there a standard time/GB? Thanks for the help. Mike...

  1. Upgrading NB4.5MP6 tp NB6.0 on HP-UX.

    I'm looking for some guidelines on roughly how long it takes to upgrade a
    master server from 4.5 to 6.0. My NB db is about 15 GB. Is there a standard
    time/GB?

    Thanks for the help.

    Mike

  2. Re: Upgrading NB4.5MP6 tp NB6.0 on HP-UX.

    "Mike Laforest" wrote:

    >I'm looking for some guidelines on roughly how long it takes to upgrade

    >master server from 4.5 to 6.0. My NB db is about 15 GB. Is there a standard
    >time/GB?
    >
    >Thanks for the help.
    >
    >Mike

    Hi Mike,

    There is not a standard time. Upgrading 4.x - 6.x is a very large undertaking.
    You have to go to 5 then to to 6.0. The differences in how 4.x and 5.x
    catalogs work and 6.x catalogs work with the addition of the EMM database
    makes it challenging but worth it in the end. Please contact Symantec support,
    they have a tool called NBCC that will check your catalogs consistency.
    If your databases aren't consistent then you will have a failed upgrade.

    I highly recommend contacting Symantec tech support before upgrading and
    making sure you have several days to a week set aside for the upgrade process.
    Here is the upgrade portal: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285223.htm

    Best of luck,

    David

+ Reply to Thread