Is it possible to assign a client to a particular media server? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Is it possible to assign a client to a particular media server? - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a NetBackup Enterprise v6.5 Solaris 10 Master with one Solaris 10 Media server and one WIndows 2003 Server Media server all in a SAN environment with SSO drives. (The master also functions as a media server.) I have ...

  1. Is it possible to assign a client to a particular media server?

    I have a NetBackup Enterprise v6.5 Solaris 10 Master with one Solaris 10 Media
    server and one WIndows 2003 Server Media server all in a SAN environment
    with SSO drives. (The master also functions as a media server.)

    I have found that jobs for the master / media servers sometime assign the
    backup to one of the other media servers - this makes the data cross over
    the LAN. If the job stays assigned to the localhost, the job never leaves
    the SAN.

    Is there a way to force a client to use a particular media server?

    Thanks for the help!

    Lamar

  2. Re: Is it possible to assign a client to a particular media server?

    Select the local Storage Unit in the policy for this client. - don't know
    if the term "must use local drive" is still in buisiness...

  3. Re: Is it possible to assign a client to a particular media server?

    This can be done be assigning a storage unit of the media server to a policy
    that includes the client in question.

    "Lamar B. Nicholson" wrote:

    >I have a NetBackup Enterprise v6.5 Solaris 10 Master with one Solaris 10

    Media
    >server and one WIndows 2003 Server Media server all in a SAN environment
    >with SSO drives. (The master also functions as a media server.)
    >
    >I have found that jobs for the master / media servers sometime assign the
    >backup to one of the other media servers - this makes the data cross over
    >the LAN. If the job stays assigned to the localhost, the job never leaves
    >the SAN.
    >
    >Is there a way to force a client to use a particular media server?
    >
    >Thanks for the help!
    >
    >Lamar

+ Reply to Thread