Hi,

I'm having an issue with my NetBackup Operations Manager server that is doing my head in! NOM has run on this server for a few months with no problems until a few weeks ago where out of the blue a service will no longer start and without this service, nothing else works.

The service in question is the VERITAS Authentication Service and it fails with 'Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'. The service should run under the System account but I've tried domain and local admin accounts as well with no success.

I'm running NetBackup 6 MP5

Please tell me someone else has experienced this issue as it's driving me out of my mind!

Cheers

Tony