Installing NetBackup 6.5 client on ESX server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Installing NetBackup 6.5 client on ESX server - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to install the NetBackup 6.5 Linux client on an ESX server but have no idea how to accomplish this task. My master server is a Windows 2003 server so pushing the client is not an option. I've ...

  1. Installing NetBackup 6.5 client on ESX server

    I am trying to install the NetBackup 6.5 Linux client on an ESX server but
    have no idea how to accomplish this task. My master server is a Windows 2003
    server so pushing the client is not an option. I've run the "install" file
    off of the CD. It only appeared to copy files to my ESX host but didn't install
    any software. I tried to run the /usr/openv/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/install_client
    command but it fails and tells me that "install_client requires execution
    with an absolute path".

    Installing the 5.1 client was so easy. What do I have to do to install the
    6.5 client on these servers?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Installing NetBackup 6.5 client on ESX server

    If inetd or xinetd was available at the time of your NetBackup install,
    you're all done!

    ("install_client" is something you run from a NetBackup (Unix) server to
    remotely install a client, so is uninteresting for your purposes).

    Wasn't that easy? ;-) (If there is a problem, you haven't described it).

    Your "Veritas NetBackup Installation Guide for Windows" has a section on
    installing a Unix client (basically describing how to run "./install"
    from the installation CD "locally").

    Hope this helps!
    cheers, wayne

    Nancy Kafer wrote, in part, on 2008-03-17 11:23 AM:
    > I am trying to install the NetBackup 6.5 Linux client on an ESX server but
    > have no idea how to accomplish this task. My master server is a Windows 2003
    > server so pushing the client is not an option. I've run the "install" file
    > off of the CD. It only appeared to copy files to my ESX host but didn't install
    > any software. I tried to run the /usr/openv/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/install_client
    > command but it fails and tells me that "install_client requires execution
    > with an absolute path".
    >
    > Installing the 5.1 client was so easy. What do I have to do to install the
    > 6.5 client on these servers?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread