NetBackup Database Agents Upgrade - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup Database Agents Upgrade - Veritas Net Backup ; We want to upgrade from NBU 5.1 to 6.5. The question I have is will the old 5.1 Database agents (Oracle, Exchange, SQL) continue to operate if my Master server is version 6.5 and my clients are version 5.1? Will ...

  1. NetBackup Database Agents Upgrade

    We want to upgrade from NBU 5.1 to 6.5. The question I have is will the old
    5.1 Database agents (Oracle, Exchange, SQL) continue to operate if my Master
    server is version 6.5 and my clients are version 5.1? Will it remember the
    license keys for the agents from 5.1?

  2. Re: NetBackup Database Agents Upgrade

    Not sure whether the v5.x licences will work with v6.x - they did for v4.5
    to v5.x, i.e. you didn't need to upgrade the keys - but I would recommend
    that you get on board with vLicence and get a handle on your licences.

    As for v5.x compatibility with v6.5 - then I believe most/all v5.1 clients
    will work v6.5 media and master servers - but the clients have to be at v5.1
    MP4 as a minimum - but I would upgrade to v5.1 MP6 unless you have a
    specific reason to stay at v5.1 MP4. I've been through the v5.1 MP2, MP3,
    MP4, MP5 and MP6 release notes in detail and I never found anything to make
    me not upgrade anyone of our 300+ clients.

    However always check the compatibility guides/docs:
    http://www.symantec.com/business/sup...comp&pid=15143

    HTH,
    Dave.

    "Mathew" wrote in message

    > We want to upgrade from NBU 5.1 to 6.5. The question I have is will the
    > old
    > 5.1 Database agents (Oracle, Exchange, SQL) continue to operate if my
    > Master
    > server is version 6.5 and my clients are version 5.1? Will it remember the
    > license keys for the agents from 5.1?

+ Reply to Thread