Cannot delete assigned volume XXXX (92) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cannot delete assigned volume XXXX (92) - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone help me to delete a volume which is in a specific volume pool? If you can post a link to the commands which I could use that would be usefull Thanks...

  1. Cannot delete assigned volume XXXX (92)

    Can anyone help me to delete a volume which is in a specific volume pool?

    If you can post a link to the commands which I could use that would be usefull

    Thanks

  2. Re: Cannot delete assigned volume XXXX (92)

    "Chris" wrote:

    >Can anyone help me to delete a volume which is in a specific volume pool?
    >
    >If you can post a link to the commands which I could use that would be usefull
    >
    >Thanks

    You need to first expire the volume-

    bpexpdate -m mediaid -h host -d 0

    Use the Netbackup commands guide to find additional commands.

  3. Re: Cannot delete assigned volume XXXX (92)

    "Bill" wrote:

    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>Can anyone help me to delete a volume which is in a specific volume pool?
    >>
    >>If you can post a link to the commands which I could use that would be

    usefull

    >>Thanks

    >You need to first expire the volume-
    >
    >bpexpdate -m mediaid -h host -d 0
    >
    >Use the Netbackup commands guide to find additional commands.

    If the volume is already expired, but still assigned you need to run the
    following:

    vmquery -deassignbyid -m mediaid

    Once expired and/or deassigned it will return to the scratch pool and you
    can delete it.

+ Reply to Thread