Mixed OS media server environment - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Mixed OS media server environment - Veritas Net Backup ; I currently have 1 Solaris master/media server. It has a STK L180 attached to it w/ 3 tape drives. I want to add another media server into the environment and change things up. I have windows, unix, linux, and netware ...

  1. Mixed OS media server environment

    I currently have 1 Solaris master/media server. It has a STK L180 attached
    to it w/ 3 tape drives. I want to add another media server into the environment
    and change things up. I have windows, unix, linux, and netware clients that
    are being backed up. Does the OS on the new media server matter since my
    current master/media is solaris?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Mixed OS media server environment

    Does the OS on the new media server matter since my current master/media is
    solaris?
    No, your choice from the Support Matrix.

  3. Re: Mixed OS media server environment

    I guess I would only worry about restores. If I backed up a client through
    a win 2003 media server, could I do an alternate restore through the Solaris
    master/media server? I am assuming it's OK, but I just want to check.

    Thanks.

    "Even" wrote:

    >Does the OS on the new media server matter since my current master/media

    is
    >solaris?
    >No, your choice from the Support Matrix.

  4. Re: Mixed OS media server environment

    I would recommend sticking with the same O/S as your master and medias. Why
    make life difficult by adding a Windows box.

    "Dino" wrote in message

    > I guess I would only worry about restores. If I backed up a client through
    > a win 2003 media server, could I do an alternate restore through the
    > Solaris
    > master/media server? I am assuming it's OK, but I just want to check.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Even" wrote:
    >>
    >>Does the OS on the new media server matter since my current master/media

    > is
    >>solaris?
    >>No, your choice from the Support Matrix.

+ Reply to Thread