Error Reading file message - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error Reading file message - Veritas Net Backup ; The last two backups I've done on our main file server have failed and I get the following messages: Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - failure reading file: (WIN32 5: Access is denied. ) Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ...

  1. Error Reading file message

    The last two backups I've done on our main file server have failed and I get
    the following messages:

    Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - failure reading file:
    (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )
    Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - Snapshot Error while
    reading file: Volume
    Critical bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: FTL - Backup operation
    aborted!
    Error bptm(pid=4800) read of TIR file failed: the file list is incomplete

    end writing; write time: 02:57:53

    Both times, the file has been different and located in different directories;
    same volume though. I've searched Symantec's website but have not found
    anything. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Nothing
    has changed on the server these files are located on. They are Windows 2003
    Standard R2 servers.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Error Reading file message

    Matt,

    I setup my vsp to disable and continue if it fails. This allows the backup
    to still run with out vsp. I have been told that some files are locked and
    therefore can't be backed up. These I exclude so that the snapshot can
    contine to work.

    Kevin M

    Just what I do...

    "Matt" wrote in message news:4739d895@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > The last two backups I've done on our main file server have failed and I
    > get
    > the following messages:
    >
    > Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - failure reading
    > file:
    > (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )
    > Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - Snapshot Error while
    > reading file: Volume
    > Critical bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: FTL - Backup operation
    > aborted!
    > Error bptm(pid=4800) read of TIR file failed: the file list is incomplete
    >
    > end writing; write time: 02:57:53
    >
    > Both times, the file has been different and located in different
    > directories;
    > same volume though. I've searched Symantec's website but have not found
    > anything. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Nothing
    > has changed on the server these files are located on. They are Windows
    > 2003
    > Standard R2 servers.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Error Reading file message

    Hi Matt:

    I had similar error. It is poorly documented by Veritas. Re-install the
    Windows Service Packs and see if that helps. For us it was a faulty slipstream
    Windows CD.

    "Matt" wrote:

    >The last two backups I've done on our main file server have failed and I

    get
    >the following messages:
    >
    >Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - failure reading file:
    > (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )
    >Error bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: ERR - Snapshot Error while
    >reading file: Volume
    >Critical bpbrm(pid=5472) from client fsd-orion001: FTL - Backup operation
    >aborted!
    >Error bptm(pid=4800) read of TIR file failed: the file list is incomplete
    >
    >end writing; write time: 02:57:53
    >
    >Both times, the file has been different and located in different directories;
    >same volume though. I've searched Symantec's website but have not found
    >anything. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Nothing
    >has changed on the server these files are located on. They are Windows

    2003
    >Standard R2 servers.
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread