Restore problem with Veritas 6.0 MP3. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore problem with Veritas 6.0 MP3. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all: First my media server is a unix (Solairs) server. Our customer is trying to make restore tests on a MS Windows 2003 Server with SQL Server 2005. Using a Veritas Backupt client I can see all bakups made ...

  1. Restore problem with Veritas 6.0 MP3.

    Hi all:
    First my media server is a unix (Solairs) server.
    Our customer is trying to make restore tests on a MS Windows 2003 Server
    with SQL Server 2005.
    Using a Veritas Backupt client I can see all bakups made to the "real" SQL
    Server but when the customer tries to restore a file the answer is there
    is not socket to open.
    If I use the MS-SQL agent and try to coonect to either the "real"SQL server
    or the Test server SQL instance It says that can't connect.
    However the SQL agent lists all the SQL servers; and the wierd thing is that
    I can ping the real server and from the real server I can ping the test one.
    Inclusive I can connect to both instances (the "real" and test) from either
    server.
    So I'm dealing with a license issue (since the test server is just for testing)
    and documenting the restore procedures the customer don't have licensed it;
    or I dealing with something else.
    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: Restore problem with Veritas 6.0 MP3.

    Hello,

    I use the telnet command to see if the port/socket is open. If I can't
    telnet to port 13782 I open it up in the firewall and I'm good to go..This
    is the port that bpcd (netbackup connection process) uses..

    Kevin M

    Just what I have found...

    "Randall Badilla" wrote in message

    > Hi all:
    > First my media server is a unix (Solairs) server.
    > Our customer is trying to make restore tests on a MS Windows 2003 Server
    > with SQL Server 2005.
    > Using a Veritas Backupt client I can see all bakups made to the "real" SQL
    > Server but when the customer tries to restore a file the answer is there
    > is not socket to open.
    > If I use the MS-SQL agent and try to coonect to either the "real"SQL
    > server
    > or the Test server SQL instance It says that can't connect.
    > However the SQL agent lists all the SQL servers; and the wierd thing is
    > that
    > I can ping the real server and from the real server I can ping the test
    > one.
    > Inclusive I can connect to both instances (the "real" and test) from
    > either
    > server.
    > So I'm dealing with a license issue (since the test server is just for
    > testing)
    > and documenting the restore procedures the customer don't have licensed
    > it;
    > or I dealing with something else.
    > Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread