Touch file question?? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Touch file question?? - Veritas Net Backup ; This may be a dumb question, but when you create a touch file is it just a folder or is it a text file? I'm trying to disable TapeAlert on a Netbackup 6.0 windows setup. Thanks...

  1. Touch file question??

    This may be a dumb question, but when you create a touch file is it just a
    folder or is it a text file? I'm trying to disable TapeAlert on a Netbackup
    6.0 windows setup. Thanks

  2. Re: Touch file question??

    It's a text file.............

    "Luke Conway" wrote:

    >This may be a dumb question, but when you create a touch file is it just

    >folder or is it a text file? I'm trying to disable TapeAlert on a Netbackup
    >6.0 windows setup. Thanks

  3. Re: Touch file question??

    Make a text file and delete the ".txt" extension

    "Luke Conway" wrote:

    >This may be a dumb question, but when you create a touch file is it just

    >folder or is it a text file? I'm trying to disable TapeAlert on a Netbackup
    >6.0 windows setup. Thanks

  4. Re: Touch file question??

    "Luke Conway" wrote:

    >This may be a dumb question, but when you create a touch file is it just

    >folder or is it a text file? I'm trying to disable TapeAlert on a Netbackup
    >6.0 windows setup. Thanks

    Just create the ..\veritas\volmgr\database\NO_TAPEALERT file with no extension.
    Yes, this is just an empty file named NO_TAPEALERT. The 'NO_TAPEALERT'
    file only prevents the cleaning flags from being set, and you should use
    'tpclean -M ' to clear out the flags that have been set already.

+ Reply to Thread