Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup on some system I get the following popup error message. Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe. The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does ...

  1. Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    Hi

    I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup on
    some system I get the following popup error message.

    Runtime Error!

    Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.

    The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does not
    log at all in the eventlog.

    Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

  2. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    Is your master/media server, or are your "master and media" servers, also at
    v6.5?

    "Todd" wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup on
    > some system I get the following popup error message.
    >
    > Runtime Error!
    >
    > Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.
    >
    > The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does not
    > log at all in the eventlog.
    >
    > Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

  3. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    Yes. I have the same problem ! master/media and clients have the v 6.5.

    "D R" wrote:
    >Is your master/media server, or are your "master and media" servers, also

    at
    >v6.5?
    >

    >"Todd" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup

    on
    >> some system I get the following popup error message.
    >>
    >> Runtime Error!
    >>
    >> Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.
    >>
    >> The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does not
    >> log at all in the eventlog.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

  4. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    "D R" wrote:
    >Is your master/media server, or are your "master and media" servers, also

    at
    >v6.5?
    >

    >"Todd" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup

    on
    >> some system I get the following popup error message.
    >>
    >> Runtime Error!
    >>
    >> Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.
    >>
    >> The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does not
    >> log at all in the eventlog.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

    I recently upgraded to Netbackup 6.5 and I seem to be experiencing similiar

    problem. I have updated a few servers but on my file server (1.3TB data)
    backup hangs indefinitely.

  5. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    I am getting a similar error with NetBackup 6.5 but I am only testing it right
    now. the Job runs in the queue forever, but the bpbkar logs show the job
    as finished. But when running 5.1 clients the backup was running fine.
    Getting error drfile.exe - Entry Point Not Found on client.

    "Glenn Mutch" wrote:

    >"D R" wrote:
    >>Is your master/media server, or are your "master and media" servers, also

    >at
    >>v6.5?
    >>

    >>"Todd" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup

    >on
    >>> some system I get the following popup error message.
    >>>
    >>> Runtime Error!
    >>>
    >>> Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.
    >>>
    >>> The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does

    not
    >>> log at all in the eventlog.
    >>>
    >>> Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

    >I recently upgraded to Netbackup 6.5 and I seem to be experiencing similiar
    >
    >problem. I have updated a few servers but on my file server (1.3TB data)
    >backup hangs indefinitely.

  6. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    Todd,
    Did you ever get a response. I have the exact samething happening.

    "D R" wrote:
    >Is your master/media server, or are your "master and media" servers, also

    at
    >v6.5?
    >

    >"Todd" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I recently upgraded all my client to Netbackup 6.5, and during backup

    on
    >> some system I get the following popup error message.
    >>
    >> Runtime Error!
    >>
    >> Program C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe.
    >>
    >> The backup then hungs, and does not complete. The error message does not
    >> log at all in the eventlog.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else getting this message witht 6.5 client?

  7. Re: Netbackup 6.5 Runtime Error! C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpbkar32.exe

    I was having the same issue

    With a new install of 6.5.4 - I keep getting the C++ APP POPUP with a bpbkar32.exe error. Jobs where hanging in "Writing" stage on the server.

    I finally got the backup jobs to work.

    I shutdown and disabled the "Volume Shadow Copy" server on the host box. The backup jobs worked but I recived a few VSS errors saying that the service could not start

    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070422.

    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

+ Reply to Thread