VSP temp file - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on VSP temp file - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Eliza, See some background notes on VSP here: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/b...hread.id=36837 ....as for the impact of turning off VSP, I can only guess that you might possibly get a few more locked files reported/skipped, or possibly no change in that respect. ...

  1. Re: VSP temp file

    Hi Eliza,

    See some background notes on VSP here:
    https://forums.symantec.com/syment/b...hread.id=36837

    ....as for the impact of turning off VSP, I can only guess that you might
    possibly get a few more locked files reported/skipped, or possibly no change
    in that respect. So, you'll need to review the locked/skipped/missed files.

    The real benefit is less I/O, backups start sooner, no consumed space, not
    having to bother tune it, less chance of left over VSP cache files etc...

    One last point... IMHO, VSP is not for taking database backups - see the
    link above.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Eliza yam" wrote in message

    > I am running NBU 5.1 MP4 on Windows 2000 clients. Can VSP be turned off?
    > What is the ramification?

  2. VSP temp file

    I am running NBU 5.1 MP4 on Windows 2000 clients. Can VSP be turned off?
    What is the ramification?

+ Reply to Thread