Maximum file list size - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Maximum file list size - Veritas Net Backup ; I've been told that when passing a list of files to NBU for backup that the program buffers the entire list in RAM, and can therefore run into problems if the list is too large. Does anyone know if that's ...

  1. Maximum file list size

    I've been told that when passing a list of files to NBU for backup that the
    program buffers the entire list in RAM, and can therefore run into problems
    if the list is too large. Does anyone know if that's still the case? If so,
    is there some "safe" number of file names? I don't want to break the jobs
    up into smaller ones if I can avoid it.

    Many thanks
    Bill

  2. Re: Maximum file list size

    If you pass a folder path, then NetBackup will take that folder and
    everything below. You don't need to specify each and every file.

    "Bill Katz" wrote in message

    > I've been told that when passing a list of files to NBU for backup that
    > the
    > program buffers the entire list in RAM, and can therefore run into
    > problems
    > if the list is too large. Does anyone know if that's still the case? If
    > so,
    > is there some "safe" number of file names? I don't want to break the jobs
    > up into smaller ones if I can avoid it.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Bill

+ Reply to Thread