Oracle RMAN template generation wizard error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle RMAN template generation wizard error - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I'm new to Netbackup 6.0. Our DBA requested to backup Oracle 10g in a Win 2003 Enterprise R2 SP1 x64-bit. The client has Netbackup Client MP2 installed. Whenever I create RMAN template, I run into "DBSB Initialization Failed" "Unable ...

  1. Oracle RMAN template generation wizard error

    Hi,

    I'm new to Netbackup 6.0.
    Our DBA requested to backup Oracle 10g in a Win 2003 Enterprise R2 SP1 x64-bit.
    The client has Netbackup Client MP2 installed.

    Whenever I create RMAN template, I run into "DBSB Initialization Failed"
    "Unable to initialize database script builder" dbsbrman.dll not loaded.

    I have rebooted the server and checked that the NBU services are running
    fine.

    Can anyone help me?

  2. Re: Oracle RMAN template generation wizard error

    "Michael" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm new to Netbackup 6.0.
    >Our DBA requested to backup Oracle 10g in a Win 2003 Enterprise R2 SP1 x64-bit.
    >The client has Netbackup Client MP2 installed.
    >
    >Whenever I create RMAN template, I run into "DBSB Initialization Failed"
    >"Unable to initialize database script builder" dbsbrman.dll not loaded.
    >
    >I have rebooted the server and checked that the NBU services are running
    >fine.
    >
    >Can anyone help me?

  3. Re: Oracle RMAN template generation wizard error

    Remember you need 6.0MP5 for 64bit Oracle on windows

    "Michael" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm new to Netbackup 6.0.
    >Our DBA requested to backup Oracle 10g in a Win 2003 Enterprise R2 SP1 x64-bit.
    >The client has Netbackup Client MP2 installed.
    >
    >Whenever I create RMAN template, I run into "DBSB Initialization Failed"
    >"Unable to initialize database script builder" dbsbrman.dll not loaded.
    >
    >I have rebooted the server and checked that the NBU services are running
    >fine.
    >
    >Can anyone help me?

+ Reply to Thread