images on media report w/ disk storage - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on images on media report w/ disk storage - Veritas Net Backup ; We are starting to use disk storage units more in our backup environment. I'm used to using the images on media report (in the admin console GUI) w/ tape, but is it possible to use this report with a disk ...

  1. images on media report w/ disk storage

    We are starting to use disk storage units more in our backup environment.
    I'm used to using the images on media report (in the admin console GUI) w/
    tape, but is it possible to use this report with a disk storage unit? I've
    tried to do this using the storage unit name and the actual directory pathname,
    but no success.

    I'm using an NB 5.1 MP5 master/media server on Solaris 8.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: images on media report w/ disk storage

    My (v5.1MP6) "images on media" reports lists images on a DSSU, but I
    don't know how to select/filter by DSU/DSSU as you can tape media label.
    (Fwiw, I don't yet have a DSU). cheers, wayne

    Dino wrote, in part, on 2007-09-12 12:51 PM:
    > We are starting to use disk storage units more in our backup environment.
    > I'm used to using the images on media report (in the admin console GUI) w/
    > tape, but is it possible to use this report with a disk storage unit? I've
    > tried to do this using the storage unit name and the actual directory pathname,
    > but no success.
    >
    > I'm using an NB 5.1 MP5 master/media server on Solaris 8.

  3. Re: images on media report w/ disk storage

    Probably best to do this from a command line:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia -L -mediaid /path/to/DSTU/image

    -Richard

+ Reply to Thread