NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product - Veritas Net Backup ; During install of NetBackup (NB5client NB_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe) on NT4 Server or Windows 2000 Server I get a message that says "The remote system has the wrong version of the product installed" but I can't find what product it means. I tried ...

  1. NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product

    During install of NetBackup (NB5client NB_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe) on NT4 Server
    or Windows 2000 Server I get a message that says "The remote system has the
    wrong version of the product installed" but I can't find what product it
    means. I tried installing "NB_JAV_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe" because I found
    one reference to it in some documentation, but it didn't help. Also, it
    won't let me install on the local system, only a remote. I used administrator
    accounts for both servers. Any ideas on how to find out what product it
    means and what version it needs to be?

  2. Re: NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product

    Do you realize those are updates intended for an existing NetBackup
    version 5.0 Windows client? You probably need a v5.0 CD with the base
    client install software ... install from the CD and then apply the
    update ... or better yet, download the most recent update from the
    Symantec site. Your NetBackup server at at what version and MP level?

    Another possibility is that your NT system isn't at SP 6a or your
    Win2000 system isn't at SP 4.

    Hope this helps! cheers, wayne

    Rufus wrote, in part, on 2007-09-12 10:28 AM:
    > During install of NetBackup (NB5client NB_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe) on NT4 Server
    > or Windows 2000 Server I get a message that says "The remote system has the
    > wrong version of the product installed" but I can't find what product it
    > means. I tried installing "NB_JAV_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe" because I found
    > one reference to it in some documentation, but it didn't help. Also, it
    > won't let me install on the local system, only a remote. I used administrator
    > accounts for both servers. Any ideas on how to find out what product it
    > means and what version it needs to be?

  3. Re: NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product

    Our backup guy said it should be more than just updates, but now he's
    going to try to get the base install. I'd pretty much come to the
    conslusion that it was only an update. Hope he can get the CD. The
    OS SP versions are up-to-date. The NB server is at version 6, I
    don't know what MP level. We've been told our combination isn't
    supported, but we need it for a few NT4 servers. We'll see, if he
    can get the base install files.

    Thanks.

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Do you realize those are updates intended for an existing NetBackup
    >version 5.0 Windows client? You probably need a v5.0 CD with the base
    >client install software ... install from the CD and then apply the
    >update ... or better yet, download the most recent update from the
    >Symantec site. Your NetBackup server at at what version and MP level?
    >
    >Another possibility is that your NT system isn't at SP 6a or your
    >Win2000 system isn't at SP 4.
    >
    >Hope this helps! cheers, wayne
    >
    >Rufus wrote, in part, on 2007-09-12 10:28 AM:
    >> During install of NetBackup (NB5client NB_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe) on NT4

    Server
    >> or Windows 2000 Server I get a message that says "The remote system has

    the
    >> wrong version of the product installed" but I can't find what product

    it
    >> means. I tried installing "NB_JAV_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe" because I found
    >> one reference to it in some documentation, but it didn't help. Also,

    it
    >> won't let me install on the local system, only a remote. I used administrator
    >> accounts for both servers. Any ideas on how to find out what product

    it
    >> means and what version it needs to be?

  4. Re: NetBackup 5 - remote system wrong version of the product

    Our backup guy got the base install for version 5 and it worked. I updated
    it with what I had been using and it's working fine. FINALLY. Thanks.

    "Rufus" <6328@cox.net> wrote:

    >Our backup guy said it should be more than just updates, but now he's
    >going to try to get the base install. I'd pretty much come to the
    >conslusion that it was only an update. Hope he can get the CD. The
    >OS SP versions are up-to-date. The NB server is at version 6, I
    >don't know what MP level. We've been told our combination isn't
    >supported, but we need it for a few NT4 servers. We'll see, if he
    >can get the base install files.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >>Do you realize those are updates intended for an existing NetBackup
    >>version 5.0 Windows client? You probably need a v5.0 CD with the base

    >>client install software ... install from the CD and then apply the
    >>update ... or better yet, download the most recent update from the
    >>Symantec site. Your NetBackup server at at what version and MP level?
    >>
    >>Another possibility is that your NT system isn't at SP 6a or your
    >>Win2000 system isn't at SP 4.
    >>
    >>Hope this helps! cheers, wayne
    >>
    >>Rufus wrote, in part, on 2007-09-12 10:28 AM:
    >>> During install of NetBackup (NB5client NB_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe) on

    NT4
    >Server
    >>> or Windows 2000 Server I get a message that says "The remote system has

    >the
    >>> wrong version of the product installed" but I can't find what product

    >it
    >>> means. I tried installing "NB_JAV_50_6_M.winnt.intel.exe" because I

    found
    >>> one reference to it in some documentation, but it didn't help. Also,

    >it
    >>> won't let me install on the local system, only a remote. I used administrator
    >>> accounts for both servers. Any ideas on how to find out what product

    >it
    >>> means and what version it needs to be?

+ Reply to Thread