redirected restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on redirected restore - Veritas Net Backup ; I attempted to restore from one server to another and the restore fails due to permission problems. I have tried a few different configs and they all have failed. What permissions are needed to do a redirected restore?...

  1. redirected restore

    I attempted to restore from one server to another and the restore fails due
    to permission problems. I have tried a few different configs and they all
    have failed. What permissions are needed to do a redirected restore?

  2. Re: redirected restore

    "paul" wrote:

    >I attempted to restore from one server to another and the restore fails

    due
    >to permission problems. I have tried a few different configs and they all
    >have failed. What permissions are needed to do a redirected restore?

    Paul,

    If you're the admin of the NBU system, you shouldn't have any restrictions.
    If you're a NBU client, pull up the help file on "altnames" which explains
    how to do redirected restores.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread