Global exclusions - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Global exclusions - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I'm trying to figure out (remember) if I can do global exclusions in one place that will affect ALL policies. Like the $NTUninstall*$ files for Service packs and temp folders etc. I can find where to do it in ...

  1. Global exclusions

    Hi

    I'm trying to figure out (remember) if I can do global exclusions in one
    place that will affect ALL policies. Like the $NTUninstall*$ files for Service
    packs and temp folders etc. I can find where to do it in the individual clients,
    but I seem to remember that there was a way to do it globally. I could be
    wrong though.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Global exclusions

    Not sure about 6.0 version but for 5.1, the answer i got from Symantec is
    to select all clients (Windows), check properties, and set exclusions that
    will apply to all selected client properties.

    "Hayden" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm trying to figure out (remember) if I can do global exclusions in one
    >place that will affect ALL policies. Like the $NTUninstall*$ files for Service
    >packs and temp folders etc. I can find where to do it in the individual

    clients,
    >but I seem to remember that there was a way to do it globally. I could be
    >wrong though.
    >
    >Any ideas?

  3. Re: Global exclusions

    Hi Hayden,

    Never heard of such configuration element.

    As others have said, you can select more than more client at a time - but
    I'd be reticent to do more than 10 at a time... old issues/bugs.... once
    bitten, twice shy...

    This same topic is covered here also:
    https://forums.symantec.com/syment/b...ssage.id=34982

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Hayden" wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm trying to figure out (remember) if I can do global exclusions in one
    > place that will affect ALL policies. Like the $NTUninstall*$ files for
    > Service
    > packs and temp folders etc. I can find where to do it in the individual
    > clients,
    > but I seem to remember that there was a way to do it globally. I could be
    > wrong though.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread