RMAN backup is triggering error 6 when backup is done - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on RMAN backup is triggering error 6 when backup is done - Veritas Net Backup ; We have configured RMAN backup for oracle & it is multistreamed. After completion of the backup, parent stream is triggering error 6 . As per logs genetrated at the database server end the backup is completed successfully. The error 6 ...

  1. RMAN backup is triggering error 6 when backup is done

    We have configured RMAN backup for oracle & it is multistreamed.
    After completion of the backup, parent stream is triggering error 6 . As
    per logs genetrated at the database server end the backup is completed successfully.
    The error 6 is shown on our netbackup GUI (interface) for parent stream
    & all other child stream are successful.
    Kindly guide if you have any idea.

    Thanks & Regard !

  2. Re: RMAN backup is triggering error 6 when backup is done

    Yogesh Jadhav wrote:
    > We have configured RMAN backup for oracle & it is multistreamed.
    > After completion of the backup, parent stream is triggering error 6 . As
    > per logs genetrated at the database server end the backup is completed successfully.
    > The error 6 is shown on our netbackup GUI (interface) for parent stream
    > & all other child stream are successful.
    > Kindly guide if you have any idea.

    One of the portions of a script, one of the scripts, or one of the
    clients was not able to execute properly. The answer is probably in
    (one of) the script logs on the client.

    Another angle that sometimes lets you focus to the problem is to figure
    out the backup pieces that should be present and then use RMAN "list"
    to see if one of these is missing.

    cheers, wayne

  3. Re: RMAN backup is triggering error 6 when backup is done

    Have u configured archive log backup thro' RMAN?

    Pls check whether the old archive log files have been manually deleted before
    u started taking oracle RMAN backup...

    since rman script tries to delete the archive log files after they are backed
    up .. and if it does not find the files to delete ( since they have been
    deleted manually) it gives the error code 6

    u may be required to run some crosscheck command ( syntax not sure) to get
    rid of this ...

    pls confirm with oracle DBA ...

    rgds,
    yogesh

    "Yogesh Jadhav" wrote:

    >We have configured RMAN backup for oracle & it is multistreamed.
    >After completion of the backup, parent stream is triggering error 6 . As
    >per logs genetrated at the database server end the backup is completed successfully.
    > The error 6 is shown on our netbackup GUI (interface) for parent stream
    >& all other child stream are successful.
    > Kindly guide if you have any idea.
    >
    >Thanks & Regard !

+ Reply to Thread