Veritas Netbackup 6 Status Code: 23 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Veritas Netbackup 6 Status Code: 23 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I am getting Status Code: 23, when I try to connect and client from server. Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 is installed on SuSe Linux 10 and Windows 2003 Standard Editon is a client. No Maintenance packs been installed for ...

  1. Veritas Netbackup 6 Status Code: 23

    Hi,

    I am getting Status Code: 23, when I try to connect and client from server.

    Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 is installed on SuSe Linux 10 and Windows
    2003 Standard Editon is a client. No Maintenance packs been installed for
    Netbackup. What could be the reason for this. Even I have tried to re-install
    thinking there might be some binaries corrupted, and still the same error
    persist. What is the best idea to solve this problem. I have few more windows
    servers with same setup, where I am not getting an error for those systems.
    Can I know how do I resolve this issue.

    I have tried to telnet to the port and I am able to telnet to the client
    listening port. edited the hosts file in both server and client with FQDN
    name. But one thing is that that server is there in DMZ with different subnet.
    does it create any problem? all traffice is opened between DMZ and Internal
    LAN.

    Please advice me how to get rid of this problem and isolate it.

    Regards,

    Sriram Rane

  2. Re: Veritas Netbackup 6 Status Code: 23

    NetBackup version 6.0 is unusable with no Maintenance Packs installed.
    Install MP4 asap!

    cheers, wayne

    sriram rane wrote, in part, on 2007-06-29 1:52 PM:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am getting Status Code: 23, when I try to connect and client from server.
    >

    > Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 is installed on SuSe Linux 10 and Windows
    > 2003 Standard Editon is a client. No Maintenance packs been installed for
    > Netbackup. What could be the reason for this. Even I have tried to re-install
    > thinking there might be some binaries corrupted, and still the same error
    > persist. What is the best idea to solve this problem. I have few more windows
    > servers with same setup, where I am not getting an error for those systems.
    > Can I know how do I resolve this issue.
    >
    > I have tried to telnet to the port and I am able to telnet to the client
    > listening port. edited the hosts file in both server and client with FQDN
    > name. But one thing is that that server is there in DMZ with different subnet.
    > does it create any problem? all traffice is opened between DMZ and Internal
    > LAN.
    >
    > Please advice me how to get rid of this problem and isolate it.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sriram Rane

  3. Re: Veritas Netbackup 6 Status Code: 23

    Set up a service account inplace of system account on Windows server.

    "sriram rane" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am getting Status Code: 23, when I try to connect and client from server.
    >

    >Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 is installed on SuSe Linux 10 and Windows
    >2003 Standard Editon is a client. No Maintenance packs been installed for
    >Netbackup. What could be the reason for this. Even I have tried to re-install
    >thinking there might be some binaries corrupted, and still the same error
    >persist. What is the best idea to solve this problem. I have few more windows
    >servers with same setup, where I am not getting an error for those systems.
    >Can I know how do I resolve this issue.
    >
    >I have tried to telnet to the port and I am able to telnet to the client
    >listening port. edited the hosts file in both server and client with FQDN
    >name. But one thing is that that server is there in DMZ with different subnet.
    >does it create any problem? all traffice is opened between DMZ and Internal
    >LAN.
    >
    >Please advice me how to get rid of this problem and isolate it.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Sriram Rane

+ Reply to Thread