SCAN-ACS query - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SCAN-ACS query - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I have 2 NBU 6 MP4 media servers sharing 2 drives in an ACSLS controlled robot. I am confident that the configuration of the drives in via tpconfig is correct, however vmoprcmd shows the drives as shared but does ...

  1. SCAN-ACS query

    Hi,

    I have 2 NBU 6 MP4 media servers sharing 2 drives in an ACSLS controlled
    robot. I am confident that the configuration of the drives in via tpconfig
    is correct, however vmoprcmd shows the drives as shared but does not show
    either of the two media servers as the scan host. All other shared drives
    in the library have a scan host allocated.

    I have tried removing / adding the drives etc but neither host will be displayed
    as the SCAN-ACS host for the two shared drives.

    Has anyone come across such a situation before ?

    Thanks for any help

  2. Re: SCAN-ACS query

    David,

    We had a similar situation, but once one of the servers actually used the
    drive, it then became the scan host and things were fine from then on. Are
    you able to force one of the media severs to use this drive?

    Regards
    Ian.

    "David D" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have 2 NBU 6 MP4 media servers sharing 2 drives in an ACSLS controlled
    >robot. I am confident that the configuration of the drives in via tpconfig
    >is correct, however vmoprcmd shows the drives as shared but does not show
    >either of the two media servers as the scan host. All other shared drives
    >in the library have a scan host allocated.
    >
    >I have tried removing / adding the drives etc but neither host will be displayed
    >as the SCAN-ACS host for the two shared drives.
    >
    >Has anyone come across such a situation before ?
    >
    >Thanks for any help

+ Reply to Thread