NBU5.1 question - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU5.1 question - Veritas Net Backup ; What tools have the group used to get a picture of "availability" for the drives in their tape library??? I am being asked to add a ton of wan backups to our current list and I am stressing over how ...

  1. NBU5.1 question

    What tools have the group used to get a picture of "availability" for the
    drives in their tape library??? I am being asked to add a ton of wan backups
    to our current list and I am stressing over how I can determine either YES,
    we have plenty of time in our backup window to complete these additional
    jobs or NO, we'll need more hardware or a media server solution to get the
    job done.

    Has anyone used excel to graph out availability? I'm trying to graph out
    the work load on a given drive in our library. Hopefully I will get a better
    picture of what our limitations are...

    Big question for sure... Anyone???

  2. Re: NBU5.1 question

    We resolve that by purchasing Veritas Backup Reporter. It reports on tape
    drive usage. It can also report on how many backups are using media servers.
    It certainly helped us do load balancing.

    "BobG" wrote:

    >What tools have the group used to get a picture of "availability" for the
    >drives in their tape library??? I am being asked to add a ton of wan backups
    >to our current list and I am stressing over how I can determine either YES,
    >we have plenty of time in our backup window to complete these additional
    >jobs or NO, we'll need more hardware or a media server solution to get the
    >job done.
    >
    >Has anyone used excel to graph out availability? I'm trying to graph out
    >the work load on a given drive in our library. Hopefully I will get a better
    >picture of what our limitations are...
    >
    >Big question for sure... Anyone???

+ Reply to Thread