push NBU to client? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on push NBU to client? - Veritas Net Backup ; How can I push Netbackup (6.0) from my master (running Unix) to a client (running Linux) you can reply to my personal email if necessary...

  1. push NBU to client?

    How can I push Netbackup (6.0) from my master (running Unix) to a client (running
    Linux)

    you can reply to my personal email if necessary

  2. Re: push NBU to client?

    Steve,

    If you have clients already runng netbackup and you want to update them,
    look at the update_clients script in the goodies directory (under netbackup\bin).
    You can run it to query all your clients and then install specific clients,
    oses, etc.

    If it is to new clients, then you can do a remote install. To my knowledge
    it requires rsh available, and essentially copies it to /tmp and executes
    an install. Its not secure, so if you use ssh you'll need to do some modifications.
    I'm sure someone already did if you search google, although its probably
    not too hard.

    "Steve Hammond" wrote:

    >How can I push Netbackup (6.0) from my master (running Unix) to a client

    (running
    >Linux)
    >
    >you can reply to my personal email if necessary

+ Reply to Thread