Restore from Tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore from Tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Is it possible to just scan a tape I have and see what data is on it, then restore bits and pieces of that data? This is a NetBackup Ent. 5.1 Server running on Unix. I am asking this because ...

  1. Restore from Tape

    Is it possible to just scan a tape I have and see what data is on it, then
    restore bits and pieces of that data? This is a NetBackup Ent. 5.1 Server
    running on Unix.

    I am asking this because I want to restore data from a backup that was performed
    a couple months ago and no longer shows up under the "Restore" program on
    a Windows server.

  2. Re: Restore from Tape

    Nevermind, I talked with support and they showed me where the "importing of
    images" was located in the documentation (Admin Guide for Unix, pg. 253).

    "Nathan" wrote in message

    > Is it possible to just scan a tape I have and see what data is on it, then
    > restore bits and pieces of that data? This is a NetBackup Ent. 5.1 Server
    > running on Unix.
    >
    > I am asking this because I want to restore data from a backup that was
    > performed
    > a couple months ago and no longer shows up under the "Restore" program on
    > a Windows server.

+ Reply to Thread