Netbackup 6.0 MP3 and clients - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 6.0 MP3 and clients - Veritas Net Backup ; Where can I down load the latest Netbackup 6.0 MP3 clients? I am new to netbackup and find the website difficult to navigate....

  1. Netbackup 6.0 MP3 and clients

    Where can I down load the latest Netbackup 6.0 MP3 clients? I am new to netbackup
    and find the website difficult to navigate.

  2. Re: Netbackup 6.0 MP3 and clients

    Hi Charles,

    Yes, the web site is clunky and not very useful - not enough care has been
    taken by Symantec... sighs... again... for over 200,000 NetBackup customers
    world wide and they come up with that - another great example of a major
    corporate not really taking any care over customers... I don't think there
    is anyone at Symantec (out of 50,000+ employees) that actually uses their
    own support pages on a daily basis - that's the real problem!

    I digress...

    OpenVMS clients can be found here:
    ftp://ftp.emea.support.veritas.com/p...ackup_OpenVMS/

    ....one level up you have this:
    ftp://ftp.emea.support.veritas.com/p...port/Products/

    ....and one level down again to NBU ES (NetBackup Enterprise Server):
    ftp://ftp.emea.support.veritas.com/p...rprise_Server/

    I know you are new to NetBackup, so the links above might not be much use to
    you, in which case I can only apologize on Symantec's behalf (as a customer
    of course)... However, the normal "support page" and the links above are
    the only two routes that I know... Does anyone else have anything better -
    perhaps their own pages?

    The file names in the folders of the links above take just a little getting
    used to, but once you know the format of the kit names and the general
    structure of the software, then it gets a whole lot easier to find the
    software that you need.

    ....but the links above are still no use when searching for/through tech
    notes...

    Regards,
    HTH,
    Dave.

    "Charles" wrote in message

    > Where can I down load the latest Netbackup 6.0 MP3 clients? I am new to
    > netbackup
    > and find the website difficult to navigate.

+ Reply to Thread