How to back up FROM NetAPP / NDMP - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to back up FROM NetAPP / NDMP - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a large (?? - 30TB) NetApp array that I need to back up. Can I back this up using NDMP? I know I can back up to it as an NDMP device, but I have data on it ...

  1. How to back up FROM NetAPP / NDMP

    I have a large (?? - 30TB) NetApp array that I need to back up. Can I back
    this up using NDMP? I know I can back up to it as an NDMP device, but I
    have data on it that we are NFS sharing that I would like to back up.

    Otherwise I'll have to NFS mount the data somewhere and back it up that way.

  2. Re: How to back up FROM NetAPP / NDMP

    My information on NDMP is old but I dislike it. Backing up a huge volumes
    doesn't equal consistent successful backups to me. Plus NDMP is just "dump".

    I'd back them up using NFS and iSCSI LUNs.

    "Mike Robinson" wrote:

    >I have a large (?? - 30TB) NetApp array that I need to back up. Can I back
    >this up using NDMP? I know I can back up to it as an NDMP device, but I
    >have data on it that we are NFS sharing that I would like to back up.
    >
    >Otherwise I'll have to NFS mount the data somewhere and back it up that

    way.

+ Reply to Thread