Server Send Mail - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Server Send Mail - Veritas Net Backup ; I have been successful setting up Blat to sent mail when I have the option that Client Sends Mail but I need to be able to allow the Master server to send the message. I reveiwed the post "Blat doesn't ...

  1. Server Send Mail

    I have been successful setting up Blat to sent mail when I have the option
    that Client Sends Mail but I need to be able to allow the Master server to
    send the message.

    I reveiwed the post "Blat doesn't work on 6.0 MP3" on 10-3-2006,
    specifically the final reply showing how to send the email from the client.
    So this is where I am starting but I need my Master to send the message
    because of SMTP relay restrictions. My email admin does not want to allow
    all of our servers to send SMTP traffic.

    Thanks.
    Bart

  2. Re: Server Send Mail

    Look at your client properties. There is an area where you can choose the
    server or client to send email.

    "Bart Perrier" wrote:
    >I have been successful setting up Blat to sent mail when I have the option

    >that Client Sends Mail but I need to be able to allow the Master server

    >send the message.
    >
    >I reveiwed the post "Blat doesn't work on 6.0 MP3" on 10-3-2006,
    >specifically the final reply showing how to send the email from the client.

    >So this is where I am starting but I need my Master to send the message

    >because of SMTP relay restrictions. My email admin does not want to allow

    >all of our servers to send SMTP traffic.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >Bart

+ Reply to Thread