NDMP - Why only Media Manager Storage units - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NDMP - Why only Media Manager Storage units - Veritas Net Backup ; The Netbackuup Documentation indicates NDMP backups must be written to Media Manager or Tape drives. Is there a reason Disk devices cannot be used for NDMP backups Kirk...

  1. NDMP - Why only Media Manager Storage units

    The Netbackuup Documentation indicates NDMP backups must be written to Media
    Manager or Tape drives. Is there a reason Disk devices cannot be used for
    NDMP backups

    Kirk

  2. Re: NDMP - Why only Media Manager Storage units

    I suspect it's just because of something along this line

    NBUsrv# rsh NetAppsrv dump xf /dev/...

    "Kirk" wrote:
    >The Netbackuup Documentation indicates NDMP backups must be written to Media

    >Manager or Tape drives. Is there a reason Disk devices cannot be used for

    >NDMP backups
    >
    >Kirk

+ Reply to Thread