bad media need to move to another tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bad media need to move to another tape - Veritas Net Backup ; How do I make a new primary copy of a tape that has bad data on it?...

  1. bad media need to move to another tape

    How do I make a new primary copy of a tape that has bad data on it?

  2. Re: bad media need to move to another tape

    You should be able to use the 'bpduplicate' command to copy the backup images
    from the bad tape onto a new one. The synax is quite variable, depending
    upon exactly what you want to do, but there is a 'preview' setting that will
    list the images to be copied. You can provide a list to the final 'bpduplicate'
    command of the images you want to keep, and just skip the "bad" ones.

    "kathleen mound" wrote:

    >How do I make a new primary copy of a tape that has bad data on it?

  3. Re: bad media need to move to another tape

    After that is done, do the following:

    bpduplicate -npc -backupid

    The copy_id, would be 2, the backupid can be get from the bpduplicate you
    just did.

    If you are unsure about the copy id, you can also get it from bpimagelist,
    using:
    bpimagelist -backupid
    IMAGE ...
    FRAG 1 1 ...
    FRAG 2 1 ...

    This will show you, that you got 2 copy's for a specific image. Copy 2 is
    the newer one... Also, the 9th flag of the FRAG line showes up the tape used
    to store the specific fragment - could be usefull for double-check...

    Greez

    "Mike Perri" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > You should be able to use the 'bpduplicate' command to copy the backup
    > images
    > from the bad tape onto a new one. The synax is quite variable, depending
    > upon exactly what you want to do, but there is a 'preview' setting that
    > will
    > list the images to be copied. You can provide a list to the final
    > 'bpduplicate'
    > command of the images you want to keep, and just skip the "bad" ones.
    >
    > "kathleen mound" wrote:
    >>
    >>How do I make a new primary copy of a tape that has bad data on it?

+ Reply to Thread