backup exited with status 83 media open error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on backup exited with status 83 media open error - Veritas Net Backup ; I get sometimes the message "media open error" from some media servers, but when i run manually the same backup, it works without any problem. Can anyone help me...

  1. backup exited with status 83 media open error

    I get sometimes the message "media open error" from some media servers, but
    when i run manually the same backup, it works without any problem.
    Can anyone help me

  2. Re: backup exited with status 83 media open error

    Hi

    Did you check the Detail'ed Job Output? Are you using the same device and/or
    tape?

    - Try to freeze the according tape and rerun from schedule.

    How do you attach the drives to your media servers? If through SAN, check if
    all of them are configured to be ready for shared usage.
    Also check out messages/syslog for hints, if running on *nix based hosts...

    Greez, Mike

    "ilham" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I get sometimes the message "media open error" from some media servers,
    > but
    > when i run manually the same backup, it works without any problem.
    > Can anyone help me

+ Reply to Thread