excluding cdrom/floppy in streams - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on excluding cdrom/floppy in streams - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi everybody Does anyone out there got an idea how to fix the following? Any type of schedule using multiple streams (like ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) will start a new stream for /media/cdrom. As this stream will take up to 5 minutes until ...

  1. excluding cdrom/floppy in streams

    Hi everybody

    Does anyone out there got an idea how to fix the following?

    Any type of schedule using multiple streams (like ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) will
    start a new stream for /media/cdrom. As this stream will take up to 5
    minutes until NBU finds out, that there is nothing to be backed up, and we
    got up to 200 affected clients, I would like to get ride of these 1000
    minutes of useless tapedevice usage... The 5 minutes are like: granthing
    resource, loading tape, forwarding tape to image position, start writing,
    remarking, that there's no cdrom loaded, stop writing, rewinding tape,
    unloading tape, freeing resource...

    I have added /media to the local /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_lists, but
    with no success.

    The only way, so far I can see, is to make these clients single-streaming
    and add it to exclude_list, but this is not possible by the ammount of data,
    that needs to be backed up...

    Thanks for any hints by this,

    -Mike

  2. Re: excluding cdrom/floppy in streams

    take the s of the name s/b exclude_list --- no s

    "Michael Blickenstorfer" wrote:
    >Hi everybody
    >
    >Does anyone out there got an idea how to fix the following?
    >
    >Any type of schedule using multiple streams (like ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) will

    >start a new stream for /media/cdrom. As this stream will take up to 5
    >minutes until NBU finds out, that there is nothing to be backed up, and

    we
    >got up to 200 affected clients, I would like to get ride of these 1000
    >minutes of useless tapedevice usage... The 5 minutes are like: granthing

    >resource, loading tape, forwarding tape to image position, start writing,

    >remarking, that there's no cdrom loaded, stop writing, rewinding tape,
    >unloading tape, freeing resource...
    >
    >I have added /media to the local /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_lists, but

    >with no success.
    >
    >The only way, so far I can see, is to make these clients single-streaming

    >and add it to exclude_list, but this is not possible by the ammount of data,

    >that needs to be backed up...
    >
    >Thanks for any hints by this,
    >
    >-Mike

+ Reply to Thread