Overwriting disk storage file - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Overwriting disk storage file - Veritas Net Backup ; We currently write our backups to disk storage versus tape. How do you setup either a way for veritas to overwrite the file backup similar to a tape, or can veritas clean up it's backups after retention periods have expired?...

  1. Overwriting disk storage file

    We currently write our backups to disk storage versus tape. How do you setup
    either a way for veritas to overwrite the file backup similar to a tape,
    or can veritas clean up it's backups after retention periods have expired?

  2. Re: Overwriting disk storage file

    "Scott Curwood" wrote:

    >We currently write our backups to disk storage versus tape. How do you

    setup
    >either a way for veritas to overwrite the file backup similar to a tape,
    >or can veritas clean up it's backups after retention periods have expired?

    Unlike tape once the backup image on the DSU expires it is gone and unable
    to recover the image. So as long as you manage the retention properly so
    that you don't fill the DSU while during backups.

+ Reply to Thread